Rutgers logo
University Finance and Administration


Property Management maintains the titles for all university vehicles and processes all registrations and license plates. Please contact us if you need registrations or license plates. The New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission (NJ MVC) requires us to submit all applications for license plates via mail. The earlier we hear from you, the sooner we can apply and the sooner you’ll receive the plates.

Vehicle Trade-in

Please follow the procedures to initiate a vehicle trade-in. The department responsible for removing the license plates can return them to Property Management, who will return the plates to the NJ MVC.